Sunday, January 18, 2015

You Can't Change the Past


I really love this!  So simple and true.  Something that my head knows but my heart doesn't always want to believe.  But this past year has really helped me live the truth of this.  Since I started this journey I have said "one step at a time, one day at a time." Each step is changing the now, and changing the future.  I cannot go back and change what has already happened.  But my choices today can change the effects of my past decisions.  I can lose the weight I gained, make myself healthier form the inside out, and change the mental dialogue that the decisions of the past led to.  But I can't change what actually happened.  Honestly, I don't know if I would - even if I could.  All of my past has made me who I am today.  Without it, I don't know that I would have been strong enough or focused enough for the journey I am on today.

Don't focus on what you can't change.  If you are struggling with decisions or actions of the past, give them to God.  Let Him forgive you and fill you with peace.  Then seek Him in taking the next step forward.  The next step can change your now!

No comments:

Post a Comment